Here is Evan going though his basket first thing in the morning. Of course he went for the candy first.
He couldn't wait to play with his bubbles.
For our Saturday activities we got to spend time with both families all together and had a Easter egg hunt and BBQ. In all the excitement and chaos of getting ready to head to Spanish Fork, I forgot our camera :(. Leanna was nice enough to take some pictures for me. I wish I had more.
Since the weather on Saturday was rainy and cold we had the Easter egg hunt indoors. there was a total of 160 some odd eggs hidden in the living room, halls and stairs. They were everywhere! Evan had to wait for my sisters to show up so we were trying to keep him from picking up the eggs but by the time my sisters showed up he figured out that the eggs had CANDY in them. At that point he wasn't too interested in the hunt so we had to drag him around so he could get some. In the end all the baskets were over flowing with eggs and they went to work with eating there loot.
Evan didn't even want to wait to have it opened for him.
All the food was delicious that we consumed after we were finished and Evan was tuckered out from all the fun. Matt and my brother Joseph left me behind to go help our good friends Amy and Austin with tearing down there deck. I was able to watch home videos with Leanna, Michael and Mom. It was fun to pass the time while Evan was asleep and Matt gone. When Matt came back Grandma and Grandpa Thompson gave Evan his Easter presents. They gave him cute summer outfits and spacial sport Easter eggs full of even more candy. He's completely spoiled by them. Thank you for your gifts and hiding all those eggs so the kids could have fun.
Easter Sunday was very low key so Matt could get some work done. It was such a beautiful day and very enjoyable. Since we had the Easter traditions on Saturday I was able to think about the life of our Savior more. I'm really grateful for our Savior in his Atonement and his sacrifice so we could live with him again and have an eternal life. Without him none of this would be possible and I'm grateful for this knowledge that we have. Easter also makes me appreciate the miracle of new life and the changes the seasons bring. It's saying goodbye to the cold winter days and embracing warmer spring weather. Animals are created new life and it's so cute seeing all the baby animals everywhere. I also love the sound of birds during the spring because they seem so happy and louder then the rest of the year.
I hope everyone is enjoying this spring weather. I love the rain but I wouldn't say no to sunshine more often.

1 comments:
AWWWW it looks like evan had a ton of fun! and i love that easter basket super cute!
Post a Comment