Thursday, July 23, 2009

I have the best Husband!

Everyone says they have the best Husband but I really do! I turned 25 yesterday! I can't believe it because I still feel 21. It's like time has stood still since we got married because it has gone by so fast. Marriage has been great and it's also hard to believe that our son is almost 2 years old!
Matt always asks me what I would like for my birthday but he always ends up surprising me. In the past I mentioned to him that I would love to have a sewing machine because I really want to learn to sew. Now I know the basics, but I want to learn to make clothes, quilts, bags, baby blankets and much more. Matt just told me I need to learn more before he goes out and just buys me one. I thought that was fair so I asked my sister to help teach me. Well it hasn't happened yet so my dreams of learning to sew haven't been accomplished so I knew a sewing machine would be in my far future, but..... Matt surprised me and bought me a sewing machine for my birthday! I was totally not expecting it because I just told him to give me money to go shopping for clothes. Well this is much better! What's even more shocking is that he also got a sewing cabinet to go with it so I have a place for it. This is something that I wanted too but didn't think I could get them at the same time. I love that Matt thinks ahead and thinks of my needs. I truly have the best husband in the world!

4 comments:

Clong said...

I love sewing and just posted on my blog about a dress and skirt I just made. What a coincidence. What kind of sewing machine did you get?

dawn said...

Awwww i have always wanted a sewing machine! You are lucky!

Steph Wardle said...

i am so glad you liked it! he showed it to me at work and i was so excited for him to give it to you! happy b-dated b-day, again!!

Aubrey Jane said...

Yay for wonderful husbands!!! That was a very thoughtful gift and I'm glad you enjoy it so much. You'll have to teach me once you become a pro:)