Evan is turning two tomorrow! I can't believe how fast time has flown! We had his party yesterday with family and close friends. Evan loves Elmo so we threw him an Elmo party. He was excited with all the Elmo stuff and even had fun buying it. We went to a few stores to find what we needed and he was a good helper in finding the stuff. He found things that I couldn't even see till he pointed them out. The high light of the decorations for Evan was Elmo's fish Dorthy. If you know Elmo's World you would know Dorthy. This is his first pet. I can't let the fish be in his reach or he'll try and catch her. I wonder how long she'll last :). Another high light was Evan's cake. Matt's co-worker made it for us. She did such an amazing job that Matt and I couldn't bare to stick the number two candle on it. Instead we pocked two smaller candles in it so it wouldn't mess it up. Of course we cut into it afterwards so it really didn't matter but still.
Evan loves all the gifts that were given to him. They are all so perfect for him. Last year Evan wouldn't open any of his gifts but this time he got into it after the first few. We had to distract him a few times because of the types of gifts he got but in the end he was an a roll. Here are a few pictures of him opening his presents.
I love the look of concentration on his face.
I made a video of us singing Happy Birthday to him. I was deathly afraid of fire growing up. I still am but just not as bad. I'm just glad Evan isn't the type of child that reaches for the flame. I would be histerical.
.
Here is Evan enjoying his cake and ice cream.
Happy Birthday Evan! Your family loves you!
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Evan's 2nd Birthday Party
Posted by Thompson Family at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That cake is amazing!! I can't believe Evan is 2! :)
And we love him too! He is such a sweet, happy boy and he brings so much joy to this world. Happy Birthday Evan!
Awwww how time flys! Looks like ny lil buddy had a blast!
Wow!! It looks like Evan had a really fun birthday!! What an adorable Elmo cake and I love that he has Dorothy as a pet. How cute!! Weston and I had so much fun the other weekend when you guys came over. We need to plan a time and get together again!!!
Elise, we would love to come over for dinner. I work on the 20th from 10-3, but that should still work since it would be for dinner. Let me check with Weston and I will let you know for sure! Thanks for the invite, it sounds way way fun. I can't wait to see your guys' place and where you live. It will be fun to live so close! :)
Post a Comment