Monday, March 28, 2011

Finally!

Finally on two things....

We finally gave Alex his first hair cut! I didn't want to do it this early but his hair was rather stringy and he was sporting what looked like a stacked a-line style in the back.


Matt has been telling me to cut it for some time now but I finally gave in because it was starting to bug me. I knew if I cut it he will look more grown up, his hair wouldn't fly up going down the slide or with wind and he would possibly lose his red hair because It looked like it was growing in blond. He gets so many compliments on his red hair.

Come on mom, lay off the hair!

Last look of what he looked like before :*(
I haven't gotten any good ones of the hair dry but he looks so handsome. I was right with his hair being less red but it's still red and cute!



And finally, my cross-stitch of Christ is completely finished!

It only took me close to 3 1/2 years (Nov 2006- April 2010). I finished it just before Alex was born with a few missing squares here and there but that didn't take me too long to do. I got it custom framed at Provo Art and Frame and got it back today. It was an amazing feeling seeing it completely done! It's already hanging proudly on our wall surrounded by our family photos.

The time it took putting in the work was well worth it!

2 comments:

dawn said...

Awww Alex's hair looks great, I cant believe how fast he is growing up. I really love that Christ cross stitch awesome job Elise!!!

Chantel White said...

The very first haircut is always pretty sentimental!! You did a great job and Alex looks adorable!! I remember trying to cut Daxton's hair and the poor kid looked terrible. Lol at least he was little and didn't know any better. ;)

Also, congrats on finishing your cross stitch of Christ. It turned out beautiful. The framing really makes it look absolutely gorgeous as a whole. I am glad that you were able to get it finished. It looks perfect on your wall with your family pictures!

Thanks for inviting us to the banquet the other night. We had tons of fun!!

~Chantel White