Alex LOVES to jump! He does it whenever he can, especially around different people. My sister in-law and I were talking in our common stairwell and Alex climbed down the two stairs from our kitchen to the landing and decided he wanted to jump for Elizabeth. As soon as he got into his jump position I knew it was a bad idea but I couldn't get to him soon enough. He tumbled down the 10 steps that led to the basement. These stairs aren't carpeted so he took a very bad fall.
We picked him up and he was screaming. Luckily Matt was home and I yelled for him to help. I didn't know what to do but just hold him and look at the damage. He had a large scrap next to his left eye, his lip was bloody and a little blood in his nose. Matt was the one that told me to get in the car. Alex calmed down as soon as we got in the car but we still rushed him to his pediatrician. We were lucky to catch them before they closed. They took him right in and we started answering the the questions we were given. These accidents make me so nervous because how do they know it was an accident? He was also seen 3 weeks ago after he hit his head pretty hard on our recliner and the hardwood floor. Both times I had witnesses but it till worries me. I only took him in the first time because there was blood in his ear the next day but he was cleared.
The same doctor saw him last night. She's really getting to know Alex :). She knows he's a very active kid and very determined so no questions asked by her. She evaluated him and everything on her end checked out but she was concerned about his balance so a cat scan was ordered. Since he's so active we would need to be sedated. She went to make some phone calls but when she came back she let us know that the sedation team went home for the evening. If we were to go through with it he would need to go through the ER. She told us he was border line and didn't think the cost of the procedure is worth it so we decided to just watch him. There was no concussion so she let us go about our normal nightly routine and put him to bed but we woke him up three times last night to make sure he would respond to us and he did.
He's his normal happy self but still a little wobbly. His leg could be bothering him but we'll see if thats why over the weekend. His nose is still swollen so there's no way of knowing he has a broken nose. Even if it's not swollen I wouldn't know what a broken nose looked like. I wish he could talk so he could tell us whats going on in his little body. I'm just glad he's ok.
These pictures were taken before he went to bed.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Scary Evening
Posted by Thompson Family at 12:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's always a hard decision to make to take them to the doc or not. Glad he's okay!
ADVENTURER!!!! :D
Post a Comment