Monday, May 14, 2012

Kevin & Michelle

Our cousin Kevin married over the weekend. We're happy to gain another fun cousin. Our trip down to Washington City/St. George started out rough but all in all we had another amazing week with our family.
We didn't get to set off till 10:18 p.m. because Matt and his dad both had meetings. Alex fell asleep after a while but only slept for about an hour to an hour and a half. We drove to Cedar and stayed at Micheal and Julie's place since they were out of town and it was only a 45 minute drive from there to Washington City. We get there around 12:30 and Alex was wired with no intentions of going to bed for us. We couldn't just let him cry it out because if you haven't heard his scream, you are lucky. We didn't want to disturb the tenants above us so we just let him run around in hopes he will slow down but we were all so tired that we were getting desperate. At 2:30 a.m., Matt sacrificed his sleep and took Alex for a car ride. I don't know all the places he went with him but he did make it all the way up to Brian Head. Alex didn't fall asleep till 4:15 and Matt didn't make it back to the apartment till 4:45 and got in bed at 5:00. I had to get up at 6:30 so I could get myself and Evan ready while him and Alex slept. Around 8:00 we all got in the car and I drove the rest of the way to Washington City. Matt only got an hour of sleep.
We get to Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Gary's place in Washington City and walk down the street to the church building where they were having the Wedding Breakfast before going to the Sealing. They served some yummy food, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, breakfast cassarol, bacon and orange juice.

Alex loved these small blueberry muffins.
Alex's face looks like he was telling me "Don't take pictures of me while eating!"

Evan is a big fruit eater. He gets bowl fulls of everything but this was his first time trying blueberries.
Evan was excited to see Great Papa Thompson who he's named after. He followed him around a lot of the time.

After breakfast we made our way down to the St. George Temple. Kevin and Michelle were married in the oldest sealing room in the church. It's a room that you have to go into the Celestial Room to get too so we all had to be dressed in white. It makes the sealing a special one because it's not common to have guests of a sealing wear white.
After Kevin and Michelle were sealed together for time and all eternity, we made our way to the Temple grounds to see them out of the Temple and pictures.
Coming out!

Mr. and Mrs. Koeven

First kiss out in the world as husband and wife.

We went back to the house to put the boys down for naps. I thought Matt would take one as well but he decided to go on a hike with our cousin Steven to look at a potential place to go to the next day and have fun. I would have taken a nap as well but decided against it because I'm worse off if I take too little of a nap so I went with Lin to run an errand. We came back to Dad and the boys still sleeping so we just lounged around waiting for them to wake. Alex finally woke up after a three hour nap :). I went and got him and laid on the floor with him so he could wake up more but he ended up falling back asleep. I tried to wake him up but he curled up in the cutest position. He looked like he was praying :).



I didn't want to wake him up but had too because I WANTED him to go to bed at night! I didn't want another all nighter.
Lin got to snuggle with him for a little bit while he was waking up.

He tried to get snuggles with Papa but couldn't get on the couch

But settled for this. I love that he loves to snuggle :).
Evan asleep on the other couch.

After Matt came back and everyone else woke up, Alex opened a few presents since it was his official birthday.
Papa gave him a card and some fun clothes.

He got a special blue person that lights up from his missionary Aunt Leanna
He loves it!
His reaction :)
The reception was really fun. Instead of just signing their guest book they had a photo booth set up so we could take pictures. It printed out two copies so we could have one and the other would go in their book and we sign next to it. The boys loved it and we caught them taking more through out the night.
I thought the reception was decorated well.
I loved the colors and pattern she picked.
All the drinks were yummy!

They served crepes.

The cake was chocolate mint :).
Cutting the cake

They were nice to each other

First dance
Getaway car

Congratulations Kevin and Michelle!
After a full nights rest :), we headed back to the family to have breakfast and hiked to the place Matt and Steven went too. It was a beautiful place and the boys braved the cold water. I couldn't get in, even to soak my feet because I'm such a wimp.
Alex loved jumping in the water
His reaction was funny when he was in because the water was so cold




Matt and I went further into the canyon to another pool


We headed home after having lunch so we could get home at a decent time so we weren't tired for Mother's Day. Matt and the boys gave me cute cards and a game :). After church we headed to Matt's Dad's house to have dinner and to talk to our favorite missionary. We had a great conversation with Leanna and we're looking forward to her last phone call on Christmas. Can't wait for her to come home but she's
serving a great mission in Canada.

1 comments:

dawn said...

looks like a great weekend!!!!