Evan turned 19 Months yesterday but Evan just got his 18 Month appointment last Thursday. I love his doctor('s) but if you don't set an appointment right away, you will wait forever for an appointment. We see Dr. Later and his team of doctors in Provo. This appointment I couldn't wait for because not only could I not wait to see how much he's grown but also because he had a sore on his big toe. I didn't see it happen so it's like it just appeared. I almost took him in a few times before the scheduled appointment because it looked so bad. I just tried to keep it clean and told myself he should be fine. It was a week and 3 days since his sore showed up on the day of his appointment. Well we first weighed him. I'm excited to say that our little boy actually gained weight! The last two appointments he only gained a few grams but this time he gained almost 2 pounds! He now weighs 21.47. That puts him in the 4.22 percentile. Last appointment he was 19.62. I was sure he didn't gain much or anything because we've been having a hard time getting him to eat anything. I was so happy when I heard how much he gained. He also grew in length. He's now 33 inches. That puts him in the 71.93 percentile. He was 31 inches.
When the doctor asked if I had any concerns I told her about his toe. I can't remember the name of what the sore could be but she wasn't concerned because it was healing great but it was some type of bacteria infection. She looked over the rest of his body to make sure he was healthy. She noticed that his tonsils were swollen but not red. She didn't think it could be strep but she got them tested anyways. After Evan got his last shot till Kindergarten (yay!), the doctor came back in to tell us that his strep test came back positive! How crazy is that? I think it's crazy because he hasn't acted out of the norm at all! It just took us all by surprise. She got us a prescription to take of it but it would also take care of his toe. I can't believe a sore could tell us that something else is wrong in the body.
Since it's been almost a week his toe is looking a lot better. I still can't believe he has strep because he's been an angel like always.

2 comments:
Aww hes growing up so fast!!!!!!
He is such a cute and happy little boy! Kids are such fun!
Post a Comment