Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day and Weekend

I honestly think that Memorial Day, along with the 4th of July, is one of my favorite holiday's. It's a Holiday where we can celebrate with family and friends with yummy food and fun! No presents are involved and more importantly, we celebrate our freedom and remember those that have fought for that freedom.
On Friday, Matt and I drove up to Park City to meet his parents that were using their Time Share. We just spent the evening with them since we had to be up bright and early the next day. We had dinner with them at Pizza Hut when we first got there. Dining in brought back a lot of fun memories. My best friend growing up (Maryann) used to work there. The smells, uniforms, signs and the place it's self was the same as back then. It was like going back in time because nothing has been updated. The food was delicious of course.
After dinner we went to the Outlets and got great deals at Carter's and Bass. Evan got so many cute outfits and Matt got two nice pairs of shoes. I didn't see any stores that I love shopping at so I didn't bother looking for anything for me but if they had a Downeast Outfitters I would be all over that place.
After shopping we went around the main attractions of Park City before we headed back to the hotel to swim. I wish I brought my camera to the pool because Evan was being so cute in this crab. It took him a little while to get used to the water but once he knew he was ok he was going crazy.
The next day we invited a bunch of our friends and some family to hike the Hot Pots with us up Diamond Fork Canyon. This was something I was looking forward to doing since our last hike up there last year with Amy and Austin. Sharing it with more friends was a lot of fun. It was a perfect day to go there and we planned it just right.
It was a little chilly starting off but once we got walking it was perfect! It's about a 2 mile hike both ways. The bridge is the halfway point. It has a lovely sign to warn us of things that we might see.


A little ways past that I start smelling a campfire. I didn't think anything about it except people might be enjoying one until our group that was ahead of us were around one. This is proof that there are some really stupid people in this world.


There was still a flame going when we got there. It was a little windy that day too so this could have easily started a fire. It was a little disturbing seeing this because there could have been a forest fire while we were in there. The boys deserve a Smokey the Bear badge because they put out the fire. I willingly gave up my water for the cause so I deserve one too.
Once we got to the pots we enjoyed one all to ourselves. Here is most of the group that came. Our friend Craig is taking the picture.


The men of the group were pretty crazy getting in the cold water.



We were sad that Amy and my brother Nathan couldn't be with us. Amy had to stay home with her Son and Nathan had to work.
After we hiked back, it started to rain a little so we took our picnic to Matt's parents house. We also went there because I forgot to pack the hot dogs so the rain saved my butt I guess :). While things were getting setup I went to the store to get some.
On Monday we bought a pool that was on Sale for Evan. He played in it while we were working on our side yard. We watched a close eye on him the entire time so we didn't get much work done when he was in it. We didn't finish it till he was napping. Some of Matt's family came in after his nap to play with him and we had a BBQ with them and Nathan and Elizabeth joined us. It was a great day and weekend.





If you're happy and you know it shout hooray, HOORAY! If you're happy and you know it shout Hooray, HOORAY!

If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it,

If you're happy and you know it shout hooray, HOORAY!

5 comments:

dawn said...

Looks like you guys had a good fun weekend! and i want to swim in Evans pool!!!!

Cecily R said...

Man, Elise, it's too bad your kid is so serious all the time. That kid is almost never smiling....haha!

He is so cute and that smile would melt anyone.

Glad you had a great weekend!

Amy G said...

Fun stuff for memorial day and good job on restoring that cupboard!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend Elise!
I loved the pictures & Evan has an awesome new pool, I wanna get something like that for my kids!

Austin and Amy Smith said...

The pool looks so fun!!