Thursday, October 08, 2009

So Cool!

When I put Evan down for his nap yesterday he was able to climb out of his crib, even on the lowest setting. I only did it to test to see if he could because I have a hard time getting him to nap when he has his freedom. Thank goodness he still took a nap so I didn't have to deal with a cranky toddler the rest of the day. Matt's class was canceled that evening so he came home and the first thing he did was take down his crib to make it a toddler bed. We'll just take advantage of that bed till Evan grows out of it. Evan was in heaven! He loves his bed now, even before when it was just a mattress on the floor. I would find him laying on his bed drinking his milk through out the day, but now he could bounce on it since it's back on a spring. Hopefully that wont last long.
Matt wasn't home for that long because he had a few meetings to attend. Usually I let Evan stay up a little later so they could both see each other before going to bed but I wasn't going to let him stay up past 8:00. I got him ready for bed and let him watch a little TV. It was around 7:30 when he gave me his sippy cup to fill it up with milk. I already brushed his teeth so I didn't want to but since he was staying up a little bit more I filled it half way. I thought he would go back to his show but instead he climbed in his bed, pulled his blanket on top of him and kind of waved to me. I took the hint and said goodnight to him LOL. I was so ready to let him stay up but he had different plans. Evan amazes us everyday and he always makes us laugh. If this happens every night then we should have given him a toddler bed a lot sooner.

0 comments: