Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're Growing Two Feet!



I'm almost nearing my 1st trimester so I think it's safe to say WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

Yup, baby number two is on his or her way! Our first picture of our little bean isn't the greatest one but there's a baby in there and we saw that he/she has a very strong heart beat. We're very excited to add to our little family in May. Our official due date is May 14, 2010!
It was quite the experience to get this far and some of you already know but most don't. After Evan was born I got an IUD put in. I never had any problems with it till we decided it was time to remove it so we can get pregnant again. On July 7th I went to my OB to get it removed but he couldn't find the string to pull it out. I about died when he told me this but I had a feeling that something like this was going to happen. We were just hoping it fallen out without us knowing but then again we thought "Why aren't we pregnant?". I was scheduled an ultra sound so it was a very long few days till that day. I went to a specialist but he wasn't able to find it. I was getting really worried at this point. The only other option I had was to get an x-ray done. It only took a few mins to get one picture and wait for the picture to come out. It was there plain as day, still inside me. I couldn't wait any longer to get this thing out so I was very grateful that my doctor told me to come see him with the x-ray to talk to me. I wasn't ready to hear what he had to say. I had to have abdominal surgery to get it removed because it embedded itself in my uterine wall. I scheduled surgery with him that day. On July 21st, the day before my birthday, I went into surgery. I was put to sleep so I remember nothing except getting things ready and waiting in the cold pre-op room without Matt. Once I woke up I was pretty out of it. I felt a little sick from the anesthesia(sp?) so I hope I never have to have that stuff again! The surgery was a success obviously :). My Dr. took photo's for me and gave me the IUD as a souvenir lol. I have no idea what I will do with them but its cool he let me have them. Recovery was a little painful for the first two days. I had one incision in my belly button, that hurt the most, and one where my c-section scar is. That one didn't even phase me. I'm just glad it's over and that it didn't leave any damage because I got pregnant less then a month later! We're grateful for all our friends and family that helped us out during that time.
How have I been feeling? I've been feeling really good for the most part. Just really tired. I don't remember ever feeling this tired with Evan but then again it's been almost three years. I could have blocked out that part. I have no other pregnancy symptoms other than the usual but I'm one of the lucky ones that don't experience morning sickness. I only get a little sick if I wait too long to eat but it's nothing like morning sickness. I never had it but I know what nausea feels like.
Right now Matt and I are in different about having a boy or a girl. At first I was hoping to have a girl but there's so many good reasons to have another boy. All we want is a very healthy baby.
Our next Doctor's appointment is set for Oct. 29th with another ultra sound. We will get to see more of a baby instead of a small bean and sac. This appointment we'll also be able to get a better idea of how far a long I am but I'm pretty sure dates wont change.

4 comments:

dawn said...

I am so happy for you guys! And Evans gonna have a brother or sister!!!!

Emily said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!! I hope all goes well, and that you'll get more energy soon. (hehe, that never happens. )

Clarissa and Mark said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting that Evan will be a big brother! I hope things continue to go well!

Sher said...

Woohoo - congrats!!