Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home!


Alex and I got a very warm welcome home. The phrase "Home Sweet Home" is so true. The hospital treated us so well but it's so nice to be home, especially with Evan. I was a little worried about him because of the way he was acting around me at the hospital. He seemed sad to me for some reason. Now that we're home and getting back into the swing of things, he's my happy little boy again and he's not showing signs of jealousy with Alex.

Matt and I are making sure he's getting the attention he's used too. His Aunts and Uncles are giving him lots of attention of course. I appreciate all that they have done for us. Also to our Ward members. The meals are highly appreciated!
Matt kept telling me about a surprise waiting at home for me while at the hospital. I noticed right away as we pulled into the drive way. The weeds were gone in our flower planter and beautiful flowers in their place. It was a perfect surprise! I've been wanting to get out there and weed that planter so badly but never had the energy, plus I didn't want to over do it. I didn't see it coming because Matt was with me at the hospital taking care of me unless he was serving in his calling. Our wonderful neighbor, Bro. Nelson, helped make this possible.

The white Carnations in the middle are a present from my Dad. It will serve as a great reminder of us bringing home a handsome little boy this spring.
Here is Alex in his going home outfit and loving his swing.

Recovery has gone pretty well aside from the headaches I get from my spinal. I hope they go away soon. Since I'm doing well Matt has been able to work more on our front yard. Him and Elizabeth pulled the old rose bushes out and replaced them with new rose bushes. The other ones we had were just as old as the house. They were growing wild and it was hard pulling the weeds around them.

The plan is to get rid of all the rocks in the planters next to the house. Flowers and bushes will take their place so more pictures to come :).

1 comments:

dawn said...

Alex it seems like yesterday your mommy was telling me she had you in her belly and now your here where has the nine months gone???