Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome Alex

Now that we're home from the hospital, I can Welcome our newest addition to our family :). The Internet was so slow at the hospital. It took forever to download pictures.

Alex David was born May 11, 2010 at 1:43 pm. He weighed in at 7lb 2oz and measured 19 1/2 inches long.

I don't have the most exciting labor story since I had a scheduled c-section but I have to say it was a great experience because the team of doctors, nurses and anaesthesiologist were awesome. It's always nerve wracking going into major surgery but Matt, my nurse Amy and anaesthesiologist made me feel so calm.


Here's me before



Alex has lungs! When my doctors got him out they didn't need to make him cry. He cried for an hour and a half straight. It was great because we knew he was healthy.
I didn't get to see him right away but Matt went back with him before they brought him back to me mostly clean and wrapped up.



I wont forget him crying and his mouth next to my nose. He smelt so good to me. It was a wonderful moment.

When Evan came to the hospital a few hours later we tried getting pictures of him with Alex but it didn't happen because Alex started to cry. It scared Evan so now he wont touch him unless he's quite but only to tickle his feet. I think it's cute! When Alex does cry he does come over to him and says, "What's wrong Baby Algex?". Evan pronounces his name two ways, Algex and Alkex's. This is the best photo we got of them together.




We love both our boys very much! One of these days we'll get a better family photo :).

3 comments:

Chantel White said...

Congratulations!! What cute pictures from the hospital. I am glad that you are now home and that everything went so well! I am just heading to Delta for a few days, but would love to get with you when I get back on Wednesday or so to see what night would be best for us to bring you dinner! :)

Oh, this is Chantel White by the way, not Deb Allen! :)

dawn said...

The lil Tickler!

Aubrey Jane said...

Welcome Alex! We're so happy that he is here and healthy too and that you are all doing well. How fun that we were even neighbors in the hospital! I'm excited for when we are feeling recovered enough to go on walks, swimming, etc.:)