Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Year Older..

And wiser too! Well I don't know about wiser but I am a year older. I'm starting to feel old after feeling like I've been 21 for the past five years. It hit me that I'm no longer 21 but 27, and before I know it I will be 30!
Evan was so sweet by singing me Happy Birthday a few times and I got some hugs and kisses from both boys. Matt took me to our regular birthday lunch to Tucanos and then we went and saw the final movie of Harry Potter 7.5. It was a bittersweet thing because we were both excited to see it but so sad it was the end, at least that's what I felt. I know Matt was excited to see it because he was eager to know the end but I don't know about him being sad. He's not as big of a fan as I have been. He's only read up to half of the 5th book and I've read all of them 7+ times each. Yes its a guilty pleasure but I couldn't help being sucked into the magic. I was dead set on not reading them when I was first introduced to HP. It was May 2000 (yes I had to ask) when I first heard about it from my cousins. They were visiting us from Utah and they got my mom interested but I wouldn't touch the book because I thought it was weird. My mom was hooked and she tried to get me to read but I refused. When the first movie came out in 2001 we were visiting family in Utah and my Uncle rented out the entire theater room and we were invited. I couldn't avoid it with us being on vacation and it being a family thing so I went. To my surprise I did enjoy it but I didn't pick up the 1st book till after I graduated from High School in 2002. I decided to just read them since I quit my job after thinking we were moving and since no more school, I had time. J.K Rowling has a talent for capturing her readers so I too got hooked. Books 1-4 were only out at the time and I read them all with in a few weeks before I started my new job. I couldn't wait for the next book and it continued till the last book came. I think the movies have been great but obviously not as good as the books but I guess you have to expect that since they do their best to put everything in a two hour film but I have to tell you, I was very impressed with the 6th and 7th movies. They were right on and kept to the book pretty darn well. Thanks J.K Rowling for the magic!
After the movie we met up with the boys at Matt's parents house. We tucked Alex into bed and told Evan to be good and we set off with friends to hike the Hot Pots up Diamond Fork Canyon. We stayed up there enjoying the springs longer then we thought because we hiked down thinking it was 12ish but when we got to the car it read a little past 2am. It was fun though.
Yesterday I got to celebrate it with my family and close friends. We had yummy desserts...

opened presents...

and played games. The night ended with an aerial firework that we purchased. I'm so blessed having the family and friends I have to make me feel so special on my birthday. Love you guys!!

1 comments:

dawn said...

Aww Elise I am do glad you had such a good birthday! And can I add how amazed I am that Alex is so freaking big!!