This year's reunion was different from past years because we were with family for 11 days instead of 5. This was also the first year that our family planned the reunion and the first year without Mom. The reunion started on the 7th but the family started arriving on the 1st so we had a pre-reunion.
This year Utah passed a law that we can shoot off our own aerials. People were shooting them off in the past anyways so instead of Wyoming getting the taxes from us, they decided to allow us to shoot them off and get the money. Smart!
On the 2nd we had our own firework fun at our house. Family and friends joined us and we bought a lot of fun aerial fireworks that we can't wait too shoot off again next year.
On the 4th we went to the Provo Parade. I think this was the first time we actually watched the parade on the 4th because we were always out of town or didn't want to wake up early to go. Later that day we got together for a BBQ in honor of Leanna turning 21 years old and then we went to Nephi to watch the big fireworks. If we're home for the 4th we always look forward to going to Nephi to watch the fireworks because they shoot them off so close to you. Evan and Alex loved them!
And Alex was having too much fun with the glow sticks and staying up way past his bedtime.
The next day we all went to Salt Lake City to watch the Bee's play. We always try to do something baseball during the reunion because the Thompson family are huge baseball fans.
Before we headed to the Reunion location on Thursday, we went to a session at the Timpanogos Temple. Leanna went through for her first time because she's leaving on her Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints September 14th to Edmonton Canada. It's so special having all us siblings Endowed and being in the Celestial Room together.
This year the reunion was in Midway. It was a nice short 40 minute drive :). The house was amazing! 6 Bedrooms, 5 1/2 Baths, 1 1/2 Kitchens, 3 Family/Living Rooms, 3 Laundry Rooms, Theater/Media Room and loft.
We got settled in our room before heading out to Salt Lake.
Back when Mom was alive her and Dad went to a live auction and bought a spot to practice with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was her dream and she never got the chance to use it so Michael was given that Honor.
Friday we spent most of the day at Deer Creek Reservoir. We rented a raft, borrowed a canoe and Aunt Becky's brother came and let us use his boat. It was so nice of him to do that for us because it made for a very fun day! It's been a while since Matt and I have been on a boat and it was Evan and Alex's first time.
Alex wasn't too partial to the life vest. I don't blame him but gotta be safe then sorry.
Evan didn't seem to mind it.
Fun on the boat
Alex helped drive
These are videos of Matt and I on the tubes. Mine isn't as interesting as Matt's because he wiped out. That was the point though for the guys to see how long they can stay on. I did get pretty good air but managed to stay on.
Matt also tried wake boarding. I was too chicken to do it because of my experience with water skies.
Since we were out there for a while and it was nearing his normal nap time, Alex actually fell asleep after I finished my turn on the Tube (So fun!). I didn't think he would but I was so happy he did.
He even stayed asleep after getting off the boat. It allowed me to enjoy my day because he was well rested. Evan was having so much fun on the beach and playing in the water when he could. It was hard for him to get into the water because there were rocks between the water and land. Some guy moved rocks out of the way so he could park their jet skies. When they were out playing it allowed Evan to be in the water. When Alex woke up he also joined in on the fun. He loved the sand.
He loved it so much that he had to sample it.
Alex also loved the canoe! When it wasn't out in the water he had to be sitting in it.
Since we were out in the sun a lot we skipped our evening tour at the Olympic Park so we could relax because we planned to hike Stewart Falls the following morning(Sorry, no pictures). The last time I hiked it I was 8 months pregnant with Evan but I didn't go near the falls. This time I did and loved it. It was really hot that day and we forgot how moderate the hike was. We figured since I could hike it 8 months pregnant it was easy enough but it turned out to be harder then we originally thought. Maybe it was the two kids we had to carry. Evan didn't want to walk so Matt carried him and I carried Alex. I loved how the falls cooled us down because of the heavy mist and there was still so much snow on the ground. After our hike we realxed, had a yummy dinner and played games with water balloons.
Sunday we went to church. Matt wasn't feeling well so he stayed home with Alex. We came home to this :).
We had a main meal after church and then we had girl time! Since Julie is due next month and our cousin Erika resently had her first baby boy, I thought it would be fun to throw them a surprise shower. Laura and Leanna jumped on board and it turned out to be really fun.
We also bought a few gifts for Aunt Becky since she had her 5th child, a girl, around the same time as Erika. So really the shower was also for her.
Monday we said our goodbyes and we look forward to our next years reunion :).
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Thompson Reunion 2011
Posted by Thompson Family at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Looks like you all had a blast!!!
Post a Comment