Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

We are already into May and the Sun has come out of hiding. Spring is finally here! It rained most of the day today. Yay! Not snow. Earlier in the month we had a Thunderstorm. I wish we had more of them. It was fun watching Evan's expression when I rapped him up and took him outside. He really didn't know what to do with all the noise.
We've been so busy that I kept forgetting to get on here. On older news, April 26th was the County Convention. Since Matt and I were elected as delegates, we got the opportunity to go. My Father In-Law was awarded The Ronald Reagan Award for his dedicated service over the years in the Utah County Republican Party.

Photobucket

I'm truly proud of all the accomplishments that he's done and how well he works through challenges. We knew about the award before him. It was a hard secret to keep from him but it was well worth it because of his reaction when he saw his family come on stage with the award in hand. Other details worth mentioning about the Convention is that Evan met a lot of government officials like Senator Bennett, Senator Hatch, Lt. Governor Herbert, Congressman Chris Cannon, Attorney General Mark Shurtleff and many other state senators and legislators. The proud Grandpa took him around to show him off. Senator Bennett made the comment, "Oh, he must be the youngest republican here." He was right!
In other news, Matt turned 24 on the 4th. The Saturday prior, we celebrated by going to West Mountain to shoot guns with his new 12 Gauge Shotgun that I gave him for his birthday. Friends and family joined us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After trying the shotgun I can now say that I love my small 22 rifle even more! I need more muscle and more weight to shoot that thing. Afterwards we had a yummy BBQ in his honor.

Photobucket

0 comments: