Our baby boy just had his first birthday so this Tag is dedicated to him. Here is a description of our day one year ago . . .the best day of our lives.
BABIES FULL NAME? Evan Matthew Thompson
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT SPECIFIC NAME? Matt and I had a hard time deciding on boy names because we didn’t like what each other liked. We almost named him Camden but we were afraid people will make fun of him because it’s the last name of the 7th Heaven family. Anyways, just one day I was outside and I heard the name Evan and I thought it was a nice name so I told Matt. To my surprise he liked it because it was his Grandpa’s name. Even though I’ve met Grandpa Thompson a couple of times I don’t remember ever hearing his name. It grew on us the next couple of days so we decided his name will be Evan after his Great Grandpa Thompson and Matthew after his Daddy. Great Grandpa’s full name is Evan M. Thompson.
WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were both ecstatic! We found out at 10:30 p.m and we were too excited to wait till the morning so we went to our parent’s homes to tell them our good news.
DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes! We just couldn’t wait the full 9 months to find out.
DUE DATE? November 6, 2007
DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE? 3 Days past due
DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not one bit :)
WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Mexican Food
WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Everyone had their moments
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS WITH YOUR PREGNANCY? Nothing too serious. I had to take things easy the last 4 weeks of pregnancy because I went into pre-term labor at 35 weeks and 6 days. They made me take more naps during the day and not to do heavy labor around the house. Oh darn :)! At my 40 week appointment my doctor checked me after being away for 2 weeks and was worried about the size of his head against my pelvis. He told me to anticipate a C-Section if he doesn’t come in the next 5 days.
HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 10 hours
WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Matt. It was around 5:00 am so hardly anyone was on the roads yet so it was a calm ride even though I was having some painful contractions.
WHO WAS IN THE DELIVERY ROOM? Just Matt
WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section
DID YOU HAVE AN EPIDURAL? Heck yes! I asked for it right after they checked everything. I was only in the hospital an hour.
HOW MUCH DID YOUR BABY WEIGH? 7 lbs 13 oz and 20 in long
DID YOUR BABY HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? A few. Since he came on his own my doctor let me labor and try for a regular delivery because he didn’t think he could persuade me the other way from the beginning. I’m grateful that he allowed that because he was there for me and not just the money and I got to see how the natural process works if I have nothing but c-sections from now on. They broke my water and saw that he went #2 so the NICU was on standby. They gave me pitocin after a while to speed things up. After the first hour of monitoring the baby and I, things were going great so they doubled my dose. After a few mins, my nurses came rushing back in because Evan’s heart rate dropped. After putting me on oxygen and putting me on my side his heart rate was still low so they had to stop my contractions completely. They let things go for an hour to see where things were. My contractions came back but nothing was progressing so my doctor gave me the option to either move forward on the regular delivery or the c-section. We decided on the c-section because we didn’t want to risk an emergency one so we just went for it then. When he was born he was using all his energy to breathe so they took him to NICU to monitor him. He was doing great and he even beat me to the 3rd floor where the post partum rooms and nursery were.
WHAT HOSPITAL DID YOU DELIVER AT? Utah Valley Regional
HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRSTBORN NOW? He turned ONE today!
I tag anyone with children
Here are a few more pictures
Sunday, November 09, 2008
First Born Tag
Posted by Thompson Family at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow! I didn't know any of that! I'm so glad that you have Evan, he's really cute and I love how happy he is in ALL of his pictures!! You're cute parents! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment