It's basically been a month since I last blogged. November has come and gone in a whirl wind so I lost track of what day it was. We had so much going on so I have a few things that I will like to blog about.
I stepped out of my comfort zone and hosted a Baby Shower for my good friend Amy. I never hosted a baby shower before so this was a new experience for me. There was so much that I wanted to do and I realized I could get in trouble by spending so much money. I thought it was a great success and it was so much fun. I had it in my home and close to 40 people showed up! It had nothing to do with me but because Amy is such a great person and loved by so many people.
I cut Evan's hair for the first time. I thought he would be fine with it but I was shocked to find that Evan was scared to death. He was shaking so bad. We didn't get any pictures of him during the cut because Matt was busy comforting him while I was trying to hurry. I felt so bad. Once I was done he calmed down and went back to playing. He wouldn't hold still long enough for a really good after shot.
Thanksgiving was really special this year. Since Grandma Haymore has been having medical problems, Uncle David invited the whole family for Thanksgiving dinner. He planned it for the day after Thanksgiving so more people could show up. That let us have another Thanksgiving Dinner with Grandpa Thompson. We left Tuesday night so we could have more time with him. On Thanksgiving we offered to help make food but Grandpa declined. During dinner we understood why. He wanted to prove to himself that he could do it and oh my gosh! It was delicious!! We all couldn't get over how yummy it all was. I'm still craving his Turkey and homemade stuffing. It's making me hungry just thinking about it! I still felt bad for not helping prepare the food so I offered to help with the dishes after I put Evan down for his nap. Before we dug into pie and ice cream we drove to the cemetery to visit Grandma Thompson's grave. I never been there so I'm glad we went.
After the cemetery we went to a fun park. When I went to upload the photo's they were blurry. Our camera decided that it didn't want to work for us anymore so I'm really sad. I'm going through withdraw ls. I'm glad Laura took photos of the trip because I wouldn't have any so thanks Laura! They aren't super blurry but you can't see much of Evan's face. He was having so much fun chasing birds with Daddy.
The camera might be set to something that I can't figure out how to fix because we filmed him on this awesome swing and it turned out clear. I guess we need to fiddle with it more.
Thanks Grandpa for a great Thanksgiving and a fun stay!
For the Haymore Thanksgiving, we enjoyed being with Family and eating delicious food. Here are some pictures of our afternoon.
Preparing the food


Playing games before and after dinner
We invited the missionaries since they were in the building. 
Most of the gang that was there

A picture of Evan
It was great seeing Grandma Haymore. She's looking great. Here she is with the Thompson Grandkids.
The plan was to go home the next day but Matt and I decided to stay an extra day and leave Sunday morning so we could have more time with Family. Laura stayed with us but before the rest of the family left, we joined our Hamblin cousins in the hunt for their two Christmas tree's. Aunt Gwen missed her flight home from Georgia so she couldn't be there was us. Another reason why we wanted to stay an extra day so we could see her. We went into the mountains and we were expecting it to be cold but it was really hot!



There were dogs there and the younger kids loved them especially Evan.

Before we left we had their yummy Apple Cider. We never had anything that tasted so good. Before we went home we stopped off at In and Out. A must have when we visit a place that has one. I miss not being able to go there whenever I want too.
Matt continued to help our cousins with the trees and he helped put up Christmas lights on the house when we got back.
Either Matt saw the fruit growing on their neighbors tree or Chris showed him. They brought them in to show us and they are huge! Can you guess what they are?
If you guessed a grapefruit you are wrong. They're lemons!
The guys had to try them hehe!


Here are some cute pictures of the kids. Faith was sitting on Alaina because she was in her chair lol. 
That's better!
Evan playing with Faith
and just Evan.
We had a great time in California and we hope to visit again soon. We woke up bright and early for our drive home. Before we drove into Salt Lake we stopped to look at the Salt Flats. I never really saw them in the day time because we always drove through when it was dark. We also wanted Evan to run around.


Now we get to look forward to Christmas!
Friday, November 21, 2008
November Adventures
Posted by Thompson Family at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
where did you guys have the Haymore thanksgiving at?
Elise and Matt! How are you!? I can't believe how old Evan is! The last time I saw you guys- Elise was still pregnant! BTW- Elise, you don't even look like you've had a baby! You look great!
Hope you guys are doing well!
Merry Christmas,
Kayla Bohrer (worked with Matt at ESG)
Post a Comment