Please excuse the lack of updates but I guess I'm not too far behind. My hands have been full trying to juggle a few things. I haven't had much time to do things because about a month ago I started to work away from home. It's only temporary until I get accounting under control. It looks like it will be another 2 weeks or so before I get to be back home with Evan. I'm really looking forward to it because I miss him. My mom and mother in law have been so willing to watch him for me and I really appreciate it. I know he's in good hands so I have nothing to worry about. When I am home, I try to stay off the computer to spend time with Evan and Matt but also try to catch up on things around the house. When I'm home alone with Evan (which happens very often with Matt's calling), I work on that cross-stitch I blogged about earlier. I do it more when Evan's asleep. I've gotten a lot done since then so I'm very proud of myself.
The update on Evan is that he's now in a twin bed. We got an amazing deal off of it so we couldn't pass it up even though we don't need it right now. It's just something we wanted before Alex moves into the crib but we also didn't want Evan to think Alex was taking his place. Having him in it now will hopefully avoid that and it will also help me get more ready for Alex. Evan's bed has three drawers underneath it so we didn't have to buy a dresser. His clothes will be moved from the changing table to there so I can start putting away baby clothes. I'm excited that we're basically ready for Alex to come. I just need to bring up all the baby stuff that's in storage and start organizing everything and see what we need.
Evan has entered the phase "my way or nothing!" It has become a real challenge for me since Matt isn't always home to team up with. Changing diapers and clothes is the biggest one. Evan got a rash not too long ago so he was so determined to keep a diaper off himself. I don't blame him so I would have gladly let him run around with out one but I knew he would pee everywhere. Once he actually did that he understood why he needed a diaper so he let me put one on him. I hope a rash doesn't happen any time soon but I'm hoping I can get him potty trained when I'm back home so that will never happen. I'm not sure if he's ready though. Today was one of those days where I was alone and had to get him ready for church. We're at the 9:00 session so this morning I had to wake him up. Not a very good idea because he was cranky but I had no other choice because it was coming up on 8:30. Evan didn't want his bottom "jammie's" off him but I did get them off and luckily changed his diaper with little fighting from Evan. Once I started taking his top off it was no go from there. I got his arms in his white shirt but there was no way he would let me button it up. I was starting to panic a little but I made myself stay calm because I knew if I wasn't calm, Evan would never calm down. I felt I needed to call Matt and see if he could come home and help and thankfully he was able too. Evan was still picking a good fight against us but we ended up getting him somewhat ready and out the door thanks to the snow. We at least got his church pants and shoes on. He was wearing his "jammie's" underneath them because we thought it would help us get his clothes on but we still weren't able to persuade him. His white shirt stayed off but his "jammie's" shirt was covered with a sweater jacket during Sacrament. Amazingly enough, we were on time for church and I just prayed that he will let me change his clothes later. I didn't think I would last through Sacrament without having to take Evan out but he stayed in the entire time thanks to Amy because she sat with us. Cadence and her helped distract him and it turned out Evan and I helped distract Cadence. It looks like we'll be sitting with each other from now on since we're both Sacrament Widow's. Before I took Evan to nursery I had to change his diaper and that allowed me to take off his jacket and put on his white shirt. His "jammie's" were put away in the diaper bag :). I really hope this phase doesn't last long because it's hard on us. Any idea's that can help us? Last but not least with him, he loves "doggies" (101 Dalmatians). He could watch it all day if I would let him. Same thing with Blue's Clues. For some reason he likes to call them Pink Clues.
I'm 28 weeks with Alex. That means we have 12 more weeks left. I can't believe the time is almost here! I'm now doing the two week appointments, I'm measuring a week ahead and I'm gaining a lot of weight! I say that because I gained only 29 lbs with Evan and I've already gained 20 lbs with this one. It makes me scared knowing that I will most likely gain a lot more in the next few weeks because this is the time when the baby really grows. I find it crazy that I'm still wearing my regular jeans at 28 weeks. Will that change? I can't tell but I'm probably carrying him higher then Evan. It makes sense to me because most evenings I have a hard time walking because it's hard to carry the extra weight. I recently purchased a maternity belt to help give extra support and it's been helping.
This is it for now. I have more things to write about with pictures but I will have to do that another time. I want to spend some time with my Hubby!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Hands Full
Posted by Thompson Family at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ALEX I love it! And Evan is a toddler they can be bull headed he will grow out of it! Hang in there!!!
I understand the panic with getting ready for church. Even if I try to have everything ready the night before we barely make it out the door on time. I wish I didn't have to wake them up to get them ready! Dealing with sleeping toddlers and trying to get them to wear church clothes is no fun!
I love the picture of Christ, btw. It's coming along beautifully!
Post a Comment