Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love Week

For Valentines this year Matt spoiled me. He's such a sweetheart! On Friday he came home a little early and surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of red/orange roses. I love how he picks out the best flowers and I love how they brighten up a room. They also smell really good! Saturday he spent the day working on a Honey Do list. I didn't have a list written out but he knew exactly what I wanted and needed done. He did everything and he even had time to take Evan and I out to dinner. On Sunday we went to my families house and my Dad made a delicious steak dinner for the entire family, which included a boyfriend and girlfriend of my siblings.


On the 18th Matt and I celebrated our four year anniversary. Has it really been that long? It seems like we just met! I don't think I ever blogged about how we met but I will keep it short.
I moved to Spanish Fork with my family just a month before he came home from his mission and we happened to move next door to him. I wanted to attend the singles ward but I had no clue where and when they met so I went to the family ward the first Sunday. There is when I met his Mom and one of his sisters. They introduced themselves to us and his mom asked how old I was. She had a huge smile come across her face when she heard I was turning 21 in a few weeks. She told me she had a son on a mission and was due to come home in a month. I was curious and went to look at his plaque. I thought he was cute but wasn't anticipating anything. I started dating a guy that I met in the singles ward but it ended the week Matt came home. I didn't end it so I was heart broken about it but its funny that it happened at the same time Matt came home. Matt and I saw each other for the first time helping a neighbor clean up their yard since they were building. Shortly after that there was a singles dance and he made sure I went with his sister. He was very interested in me but since the recent break up I wasn't too interested in him, plus I knew he was looking for a wife. For some reason that really scared me. I ended up hurting him that night by ditching him because I got a call from the ex. Since then he didn't pursue me. A few weeks passed and the singles were at an activity and I over heard a guy talking to Matt about him meeting the parents of a girl he was seeing. I got really jealous at that point. My best friends brother got married that weekend and I went to his reception and took Matt's sister with me. On the way home our conversation was about Matt and she mentioned that he wanted to date me. I wanted my date so I ended up calling him and asked him where it was. We decided on a date and it ended up being bowling at the Y and root beer floats at A&W afterwards. I honestly was very disappointed at what was planned but I had a lot of fun with him and he had fun himself. Later when we were engaged it turned out he didn't want to take me anywhere so he wanted it cheap as possible and he brought a friend to double date with us to keep him company. I'm glad he didn't really need him. Matt was still dating that girl but things were at a stand still so he took myself and his sister up the canyon. On the way up he got a call from her so he basically ditched me. We were even :). It turns out the girl went back to her ex but Matt wasn't heart broken :). From there we saw each other daily and had a relationship that escalated to engagement a month later. He proposed to me on November 1st by carrying me blind folded up the Grotto Trail that ended with a Winger's candle light dinner. The Grotto is where we had our first kiss and decided to get married so it was a very special place to us. I was happy he officially proposed to me there.

February 18, 2006 we were married in the Salt Lake Temple

It was one of the happiest days of our lives!


Since the 18th was during the week and things were crazy, I just made us a delicious dinner before Matt had to go to his meetings. I made him Pot Roast (his favorite).



On the 20th we officially celebrated by going to the Manti Temple. We went through that Temple for the first time coming home from our Honeymoon so it's also a very special Temple to us. We love the feeling when we go. Since a lot of our friends haven't been to that Temple we make sure to extend an invite when we go. Stephanie and Craig came with us this time and they felt the same exact feeling as we always do. They really enjoyed it. After the session we went to the Manti House for dinner like we always do. It's a must when you're down there. The food was amazing as always. I ate everything in front of me and thats not an easy task with a baby squishing your stomach but it was simple that night because I was so hungry and it was so good.




I'm looking forward to the rest of my life and eternity with Matt. He's such a great husband and Father. I'm lucky that he picked me to be his wife.

4 comments:

Steph Wardle said...

whohoo! that was really a great night! thanks for inviting us!

dawn said...

AWWWW I love that story!!! You guys were meant for eachother!

Carl and Kate said...

Thanks for sharing! It made me feel all gitty inside! It's always good to remember where you started and how things have grown! Happy Anniversary!!

Chantel White said...

Congratulations on 4 years!! That is so awesome. You two make the cutest couple ever and have such an adorable family! Doesn't the time just fly by though!?!