Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Play Date, Labor Day, Bowling

I need to get updated with this blog so there will be a few events tied into one post.

A friend of mine came over with her son that's the same age as Alex. Alex is a week older to be exact. He's a little cutie and I enjoyed having him and his mommy over. We'll have these little play dates often. We got pictures of them together.

Alex was too eager to be on stomach.
I couldn't get them to look at me at the same time.
They finally looked at me but Alex spits up! His face make me laugh!


Labor Day was a very fun day. The best part was Matt being able to spend it with us. We took advantage of it and did things we've been wanting to do for a long time. The first thing we did was hike the Y. I never did it before so the first two turns I thought I wouldn't be able to make it. I'm not used to the high altitude of Utah compared to California so it was hard to breath and my throat was hurting. It was chilly but perfect weather for hiking. We almost turned back but I'm glad we didn't. I had to keep telling myself to keep going. Once we got up there and rested a little bit, Matt had me lay on the Y but with my head toward the valley. Freaky but really cool!





I thought going down would be sinch compared to going up but it was just as hard. It was a lot faster but very hard on the knees but I will do it again in a heartbeat.
After the boys napped we went to the Latin Festival. We had some yummy drinks and Evan rode a little Train. He's into trains since Matt took out his Mini Train Set for Evan. Him wanting to ride it did surprise us though because he was "too scared" to ride things like this on the 24th of July.


After walking the Festival for a little bit we went shopping. Had to get new shoes for Matt and Evan. Before we left the mall we let the kids ride on one of their rides.


Than we went to Pirate Island for dinner. We heard it was better than Chuck-E-Cheese and the rumors were very true! It was like walking into something in Disney Land. The restaurant is away from the arcade so we could eat first and the food was 100 times better. It was a full reasonably priced menu so there wasn't just pizza but Evan did order some. It was delicious! The arcade was even better. It was so much fun watching Evan win big with this one game. You release the coin and it had to drop inside a dump truck and he got them in 98% of the time. We tried it but we weren't as successful as him for some reason but I did manage to get one into a bonus slot and got 100 tickets. Instead of Evan saying he wants to go to Chuck-E-Cheese he says Pirates now and we're ok with that :). Sorry there's no pictures.
Over the weekend we took the boys bowling. It was Evan's second time but this time he got to do it all by himself with little help from Daddy. He had a lot of fun and keeps asking to go again.



1 comments:

dawn said...

Aww Elise the boys are growing so fast! it seems like yesterday you told me you were pregnant with Alex! I cant believe how time flies Evan is growing up! And the picture at the Y are amazing!!