Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alex is 6 Months!

Last week Alex also had his half birthday. We obviously didn't do much but go to the doctors.

Apart from the stuffy/runny nose, cough and dry skin, Alex still can be a very happy boy

Weight: 16.14 lb 26%
Length: 27.5 inches 85%
Head Circumference: 17 inches 35%

Evan at that age

Weight: 14.3 lb 2%
Length: 26.1 inches 32%
Head Circumference: 41cm ?%

Today was the boys well check ups but since they were both sick it was more of a follow up appointment for Alex. He didn't get his shots today because he's still pretty sick. Evan is all caught up with his so no pokes for him but since he had a steroid shot last Thursday he wasn't allowed to get the flu shot.

Evan's 3 year stats:
Weight: 28.44 17%
Length: 37.2 45%
BMI (Fat): 14.45 7%
I still have a very skinny boy but very healthy. He had fun today from what it looked like. They checked his eyes so he had to tell them shapes from a distance. He had to cover his one eye on each. He thought that was weird but he can see! My side of the family has bad eyes even at a young age so it's a very good thing. We still need to go get them checked with my cousin sometime.
Since Alex's blood test came back normal I was asked to do a few things for his skin. I need to stop giving him a bath everyday and put Vaseline over the desonide cream on the bad spots. Dr. Later thinks he's been sick this long because of his skin. I have to call him in a week to give him an update on his skin, cough and congestion. If it's still bad then he needs to be seen again. Who would have known bad eczema can cause lots of sickness.

2 comments:

dawn said...

they are growing like weeds!!! I hope Alex feels better real soon.

Clong said...

I had horrible eczema when I was younger, Jonas also had it really really bad when he was a baby. Just make sure you don't put anything with mineral oil in it on his skin. For Jonas I always used Burt's Bees apricot baby oil. I recommend it. eczema also makes people more likely to have asthma so beware. Good luck!