Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Backyard!

We finally have a backyard! It's not exactly where I want it to be at so I didn't want to blog about it yet, but we can't do anything about it till spring. This has been a long time coming so Matt and I couldn't wait any longer. It was just dirt when we moved in with some junk because the previous owners had three big dogs. We've been working on it for almost 3 years. We would work on it for a little bit and then we would do other projects. Everything would just get dumped back there so it was a real mess at one point. I'm so glad it's done! We were about to give up on getting it done this year but we had a lot of help from family and friends. Thanks guys!!!
This is was it almost looked like when we first moved in. We just added those mounds of dirt when we re-did the front and side yard. Other stuff was back there from replacing things inside the house. Matt took off the barrel around the lamp post before I took the pictures.



We needed to put a parking spot back there so we could have a legal basement apartment. All we did was add more concrete to what was already there but before we could, we had to remove the lamp post, brick wall and over hang. They were all ugly anyways so no loss there :).


We wanted this done before Alex was born but with Matt's busy schedule it just couldn't happen but we got what we really wanted in before snow.Automatic sprinklers and Grass!!


Next spring we'll work on the flower beds, more clean up, put up toys and a swing and possibly put up another over hang.

0 comments: