Thursday started off like Monday but before breakfast we went and got our family picture done.
We went to the Flag Ceremony and then dropped the kids off at the Small Fry Center.
We went to the Flag Ceremony and then dropped the kids off at the Small Fry Center.
Instead of Matt having his training in a classroom, him and his group got to get on a bus and have their morning training meeting in the mountains.
This was the day that I scheduled nothing for myself and decided to just relax under the shade in the Greensward Lawn. As I was getting my stuff I had the impression to do laundry first so I got the dirty clothes and went to the building with all the machines. Doing laundry is such a mundane thing but it was so nice being able to do all our loads all at once and I was able to talk to a very nice lady from Idaho while waiting. I got the clothes cleaned just in time to relax on the lawn still :).
When it was time to pick the boys up, I learned that Evan got to ride on a Pony! He was so excited about it. I wish they took pictures! They also played a lot, sang songs, had stories read to them and had snacks.
Matt was still in a meeting so I got to wait with the boys. Having no naps was starting to take its toll on Alex so he wasn't the happiest camper. He really wanted to play full on in the water in the fountain but not only is it not allowed, it's dangerous. I had to pull him away and it caused a very nasty 2 year old with no sleep tantrum. I wanted to just pick him up and leave but that meant I would have to leave Evan because he's not the quickest kid to follow me and there was no one I knew personally to help watch him so I just stayed and hoped it wouldn't last long. It felt like an eternity for me but I think it lasted 15 mins or so. I had to protect Evan from him so my upper arm was bruised and scratched. He stopped once Matt came. He such a Daddy's boy.
Anyways, lunch was right at that time but I really wanted to just take Alex and put him the car so he could nap but he was calmed down enough so we went to lunch. After being in there eating for about 15 minutes, Evan falls asleep.
About five minutes later, Alex falls asleep.
Such a tender mercy from the Lord lol!
As I cleaned up Matt picked the boys up and carried them to the front Villa lawn so they can nap under a big tree.
That allowed us to rest with them for about 40 minutes till a worker came to us and asked us nicely to move because they had to mow. Just my luck I guess but he felt so bad because he has kids at that age and knows how it is.
Since there was no Family Programs the rest of the day, it was all Family Time. The boys were doing fine so we took them to the Trading Post up the road that's located on the Boy Scout Camp area. I got the boys big ice cream cones while Matt went in and got his Belt and belt Buckle that he's been wanting. When he was done I was able to go in and get my souvenirs. I got a CamelBak water bottle with Philmont on it. I was hoping they had them so I was happy they did. I also got our magnet and our Christmas Ornament for the year :).
Before heading back to the Training Center we took a drive.
We still had more time before dinner so we went back to Handicraft, bought leather arrows and let the boys decorate their own. Matt and I also did one for ourselves.
In this picture they aren't stained yet because we had to wait for them to dry. Alex really got his wet :). They boys enjoyed the little project.
At this point it started to rain a little bit. Evan and Alex had fun playing in it with Justin.
While we were eating our dinner it was raining pretty hard but lightened up so we could get back to our tents. Luckily it stopped shortly after so we were able to get the boys all cleaned up for bed. They were having a movie night for everyone but we decided to have our own with the boys for them to fall asleep too. Worked like a charm :).



1 comments:
Alex sounds like me when I need a nap :)
Post a Comment