Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Philmont Day 6

Happy 4th of July!
During our morning Family Programs the boys got to do their normal free play, play with play dough, snacks, sing Beach songs for Beach day and play outside.
 I took a Dutch Oven Cooking class, which was a lot of fun. They put us in 3 groups and each group made a different dish. My group made Al Gratin Potatoes and the other groups made Monkey Bread and Cherry Cobbler. We got to talk amongst each other while we waited for them to cook and once they were done we got to eat them. The Potatoes and Monkey Bread were really good! I'm not a fan of Cobbler so I didn't have any. They gave us a packet of different reciepes. I'm looking forward to trying them. The class took the entire morning program.
I got the boys and waited for Matt to get done. We had lunch together and Evan fell asleep again :). Matt took Alex to Small Fry and I stayed with Evan so he could sleep a little longer. I had a Women's Meeting in the same room so it worked out perfectly but I ended up waking him up before it really started so I could get him to his activities. When I dropped him off I saw that Alex was asleep on the floor while they were watching a movie.
I went back to the meeting that was taught by the Becks. Another wonderful meeting that inspired me. The last 5 minutes of the meeting I received a phone call from the Nursery. When Matt dropped him off he wasn't too happy about it and cried until he fell asleep. When he woke up he cried even more and he just wasn't having any fun. The only reason they really called me is because they thought he was dehydrated and he wouldn't drink his water. There was still another 30 minutes till it was time for them to be picked up so I just stayed in there with them. Alex calmed down and started to play.


Evan still loved to rough house with the male nursery instructors.
We met Matt at the Handicraft place because while I was with the boys they told me that Evan went and worked on an apron but Alex didn't get too so we were able to do that with him. Evan painted his hands and put them on his apron. Alex didn't like the idea of using his hands so we did his feet. Turned out really cute.
Every time we go to Handicraft, Evan always poses by this green dude :).


We then followed them to the play ground. They took a break and went and got hot chocolate. Yes it was hot outside but it didn't stop them.


 I wanted to take pictures of them in their 4th of July shirts. Evan was being silly and started the Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil and See No Evil with out me telling him too.

 But instead of the See No Evil, he gave me a nice smile :)

They played a little bit more and then we had to take them to the Greensward Lawn so they could get ready for the parade.
It's a good thing I got pictures of Alex in his costume before hand because he lost interest while waiting for it to start and didn't go. We got another kid to wear it. Actually we got more then one to wear it.


Sis Esplin and her presidency were at the front of the parade.
Bro. and Sis. Beck followed close behind. Since all the kids were in the parade, they were throwing candy to all the parents :).



I missed it but this little cutie wore Mator in the parade. She is the Strain's youngest daughter. She wasn't too happy because we took her bottle away so we could put it back on her.
 Andrew Jaramillo had fun wearing it the rest of the time.
After the parade we had dinner out on the lawn. They served Buffalo Sloppy Joes and Chicken. We just stayed on the lawn and visited and played with frisbees that they gave us. We also went to the branding station that they set up and got other leather bands that we bought branded.
Before the group broke up we took some pictures. Alex is actually between the both of us. We had to laugh seeing that he isn't in the picture at all.
I stayed with the boys a little while longer as Matt and some of the other guys went and took the tour of the Villa since they don't get as much free time as us women.
We had another relaxing evening in our tent with the boys while they had a Western Dance. Evan did go to a little bit of it with Matt while I went to the Dinning Hall so Alex could get his cereal before bed.

1 comments:

dawn said...

Those costumes were amazing you are so talented! Im glad you guys had fun for the 4th :)