Our little Evan is growing before our eyes. This month he turned 18 months and this means....
Nursery!
The post title also says Mother's Day. I know it's way past but I have a story that I would like to write down so I will remember but I for sure wont forget it! I'm not quite ready to laugh about it just yet but I'm sure when I look back on this post in many years, (and I mean many) I might just laugh. This also goes for Matt.
This all started Sunday morning (Mother's day). I wake up and I get Evan's breakfast ready while Matt is getting ready to head to his meetings. I look in on him in the Living Room and I saw him take out a sippy cup from the diaper bag. I took it from him as soon as I got to him but he did get in a few gulps. I couldn't help but wonder how that cup got in there because I normally keep track of all sippy cups. I shrugged it off and just went about our day because I didn't think the milk sat there that long. Mother's Day was Evan's first day in Nursery. I thought it was a great gift from him so I was really excited! Not because I was going to be able to enjoy my meetings with no interruptions, but to see him learn.
Our Sunday meetings start at 1:00 pm so this was a couple hours later. Matt gets asked to help with the Sacrament so I'm left to sit with Evan all by myself. During the Sacrament prayer all of a sudden Evan started throwing up! He was right next to the diaper bag playing with things so he manages to get most of it in there but during a break of this, I picked him up and ran for the bathroom before the prayer ended. Evan had it all over himself and not to mention me. It was all over the front side of my shoulder and all down my back. I guess some came up on our little run to the bathroom. I got him stripped down to his onesie and I cleaned myself up as good as I could. I was dreading going back out there because of how embarrassed I felt but I felt bad that we left a nice surprise for Matt on the floor and plus my car keys where still in there. When I got back to the doors of the Sacrament room I saw Matt cleaning it up. I couldn't get myself to walk in but eventually he looked in my direction. I then just left for the car. He was right behind me and we took Evan home. I didn't get my Mother's Day gift from him that day but I knew he wasn't sick and I had to explain to Matt why this happened. More then ever I wanted to know where that cup came from!
After Matt willingly bathed and dressed Evan, he threw up again. After his second bath we got him down for his nap but 15 mins later, he started again but this time his stomach was empty. I was too afraid to give him anything so I just rocked him to sleep and he was down for good.
We called Matt's mom to let her know what was going on because of the possibility of not going over there. She was able to tell us why the cup came to be in the diaper bag so the mystery was solved! Friday evening, Matt and I went out with Evan for some fun and I over looked the cup and it was left in the car. Matt and I did some yard work on Saturday and Mom and Dad took Evan for us in our car while we borrowed their truck. Elaine found the cup and placed it in the diaper bag for me but forgot to tell me it was in there. The milk that was left in the cup became spoiled from just sitting in the hot car for half of Saturday. I learned my lesson the hard way, Check the car before going into the house!
This last Sunday was Evan's first time in the Nursery. We had no problems. He seemed to enjoy it. I had to peek through the peep hole of the door on my way to Relief Society to see how he was doing. He was sitting on a Sister's lap and they were singing "If You're Happy and You Know It". He was doing all the actions and clapping after he did each one. I'm so proud to be his Mother and Matt is so proud to be his Father.
We love you Evan even though you can do gross things :)!
Here's a short video of Evan that was made a week ago.
He smacked his lips together while eating and I thought it was funny so I did it to get him to do it again. He loved doing it so I got it on video.

2 comments:
You definitely win the award for the best mother on mother's day! Every other mom was getting treated to something special and you got throw up! GROSS! I'm glad he did so well in nursery. He's such a good kid!
LOL! i cant hear that story enough!Its so funny!
Post a Comment