Thursday, May 21, 2009

Once Old Can Be New Again

I picked this cabinet up at the DI for $30.00. I thought it would be great for any kind of storage, plus we were looking for something to place our printers on. It also had to be tall so Evan couldn't play with them. I was looking for something new but didn't want to spend a lot of money so I just thought to look at the DI. I saw this and thought it was perfect but needed some tender loving care so I thought to make a project out of it.




I stripped and sanded down the old paint. Matt helped on the sanding part because it was stubborn. I stained it three times to get the color I wanted and Matt put on the hardware. I thought it turned out really nice! This took a lot longer then I wanted it to and it was very hard, but I'm glad I did it. We ended up using the desk that the printers were originally on because we didn't want to get rid of it but we also didn't have a place to store it. At least we got more storage out of it!

4 comments:

dawn said...

im going to send you all my furnature via ops and you can give it an upgrade! because youve got skills!

Emily said...

It looks great! Way to go!

clarissamludlow said...

wow that looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, that looks fantastic Elise!