I'm a little behind on our blog so I'm going to catch up on the last week.
Tuesday the 22nd was my 24th Birthday. I'm grateful for my husband for taking the time in making my birthday a great one. He planned a BBQ in my honor at our house and invited all my family and close friends. Thank You Nathan and Elizabeth for spending hours on smoking meat for the Pulled Pork that was so delicious. We ended the night by setting off fireworks. It really brought back childhood memories because for as long as I could remember, before we moved from Utah as a little girl, we set off fireworks on my Birthday instead of waiting till the 24th. This was Evan's first time seeing fireworks since we ditched out on them on the 4th. He was mesmerized by them.
On Thursday the 24th (Pioneer Day) we both had the day off. We spent the morning shopping and had lunch. We spent time with our friend Chelsea. We wanted to keep her company while she had to work. Later in the afternoon we spent some time with our families. After a BBQ at Matt's parents house we took Ericka, Nathan and Elizabeth shooting. It was the girls first time shooting. They have a natural talent for it. It was a blast! We came back to Spanish Fork to get Evan and Ellen to go to the baseball fields in Spanish Fork to see the Big Firework show. Evan ended up falling asleep waiting for them to come so we had to wake him up when they started. It took a while to wake him but once he was up he was enjoying them like the rest of us. Here are some pictures of Evan while we were waiting for them.
Since my Birthday landed on a weekday we did a little more celebrating on Saturday at Lagoon. Grandma Thompson watched Evan for us because we were worried about the heat. It reached 100 degrees that day but we still had a lot of fun. We planned it just right by coming when the park just opened because we hit all the big rides before the lines got so long. On our way home we stopped off at Cabelas. We've been wanting to buy another gun since our last outing and we ended up buying a Ruger semi automatic 22 rifle. While Matt was filling out paperwork, I was looking around for other things but I ended up running into Nathan and Elizabeth. They had so much fun that night that they wanted to buy their own gun :). Since we had to try out our purchases, we went shooting again. Ericka came with us again.
A storm was rolling in and I got this beautiful shot of Matt with the Utah Lake and the storm clouds
We were all very happy with our fun purchases.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Catch Up
Posted by Thompson Family at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
looks like you had a really good birthday week! good for you, you deserve it!
Happy Birthday, Elise! Love the hair, too!! Must be a new mom thing. So I just watched your video of Evan with his tongue and I must warn you - this is what Matthew did for days at a time when his first tooth started making its appearance. He still does it once in a while and has two teeth on the bottom. Watch out if you're still nursing!! :)
Post a Comment