We had a wonderful Christmas holiday so I'm sad to see it end. We are so blessed this season, full of wonderful family and friends, near and far and the blessings Heavenly Father has blessed us with all year long.
Just like last year we spent Christmas Eve with the Felt's. They have their big Christmas feast and this year we had Duck! Nathan and Elizabeth made it and they did an amazing job! We also had mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, vegetables and yummy sparkling apple cider. After dinner we had the traditional reading of Luke. Ellen, Evan, Abby, Matt, Mom and Ammon acted it out for us while Dad read it. We had dessert and then we opened up presents! I'm getting horrible with remembering to take pictures but Evan was so excited to open his along with Abby. We were spoiled as always and we visited with them for a little longer but before we went home to get Evan to bed we dropped by the Thompson's for a little bit. We also had some dessert with them and then went home to set up for Christmas once Evan was in bed. The next morning (today) Evan woke bright and early. I didn't think it would start this early with our kids but it did. He woke up at 5:00 but went back to sleep but woke every thirty mins after that until Matt got him at 6:00. I couldn't sleep at all so since Evan was bright eyed we just got up with him and opened our gifts. His reaction to his basketball hoop (Hoppie) was so cute! I'm glad we had a way to record it.
He played with it for a while and wouldn't touch his other gifts till we started to open ours.
Before we headed back to our families, we stopped by Amy and Austins house. I couldn't get over how cute Cadence was being playing with his baby piano. We got to play Wii with them for a little bit.
On our way up to Spanish Fork Evan fell asleep and there was no way of keeping him up.
He was gone! He stayed asleep even after bringing him into the house. We stopped at the Thompson's first because they were waiting for us to open their gifts. I think it's fun watching them. Evan woke up after awhile and joined in on opening the presents. I actually took my camera out for this.
After the presents we had yummy Cinnamon twist. We hung out and played with what we got and then we went to my families again. I vegged out on more food and we played Wii some more. Evan was getting a little tired so we went back to the Thompson's. It' nice having them next door. They were in the middle of a movie so we laid down and watched it with them. Matt and I ended up falling asleep and Evan not too long after.
Dinner was not too long after that. We had ham, cream corn, mashed potatoes, olives, ribbon jello, rolls and more sparkling apple cider. We played a few games after that and headed home.
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Santa Came!
Posted by Thompson Family at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
AWWWWW He got his hoopey!
Post a Comment